[table border="1" colwidth="115"]
What is it?
<add> tag marks additions that have been inserted in the by the author (scribe, proofreader, editor, etc.)
@hand attribute indicates the author of the addition. At the moment we distinguish between three different hands:
- handwritten additions made by Samuel Beckett (
- typewritten additions made by anyone – including Samuel Beckett (
- handwritten additions not made by Samuel Beckett (
Please remember to start each
@hand value with a hashtag (see: 'Special Case: xml:id'). For those rare cases where a handwritten addition was not made by Samuel Beckett and you do know who wrote it, start the value with a hashtag, followed by that person's initials. Make sure you also leave a
<!--VINCENT: --> comment (see: <note>) that mentions that person's full name, so we can easily find it and declare it in the
We distinguish 9 different types of additions:
- additions in the left margin of the text (
- additions in the right margin of the text (
- additions in the bottom margin of the text (
- additions in the top margin of the text (
- supralinear additions (
- infralinear additions (
- facingleaf additions (
- inline additions (
- overwritten additions (
@rend attribute indicates the writing tool used to make the addition. At the moment we distinguish between 5 different writing tool renditions:
- additions made in blue ink (
- additions made in black ink (
- additions made in ink darker than blue, but lighter than black: (
- additions made in red ink (
- supralinear made using a pencil (
The 'ink' in these cases can both be a pen's ink, or a typewriter's ink ribbon.
@resp attribute indicates the person responsible for the addition's transcription, and its value consists of a hashtag (#), followed by the transcriber's initials. Please use your own initials when transcribing a text, or correcting someone else's tags.
@type attribute is only used in the case of open variants, in which case its value is
"alternative". For more information, see the @type="alternative" section of the description of the <seg> tag.
<add> tag, the
@resp attributes are obligatory. Only the
@type attribute is optional.
<add place="margintop" hand="#SB" rend="pencil" resp="#DVH"></add>[/xml]